- Do not wear light colored, reflective or crazy print ties.
- Try to avoid black suits unless they are pinstriped.
- Avoid wearing tweed or herringbone.
- Dress shirts should be a solid light to medium-color or striped (blues
tend to photograph very well). If you only want to wear a white shirt, you should know that the viewers focus on lightest shades first, so your shirt – rather than your face – will be the first thing people will see.
- If you tend to get a heavy 5 o’clock shadow, please request a morning appointment.
- Avoid wearing white or light color tops.
- Stay away from low-cut necklines, because it may seem like you aren’t wearing a blouse if the photo is tightly cropped.
- Wear jackets that fit well when buttoned.
- Do not wear sleeveless or short sleeve blouses.
- Wear jewelry that does not distract from your face.